Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Proposition for final essay


For my essay I am going to discuss how poor access to education and lack of education is a major factor contributing to increasing inequality in America. Educational inequality is greatly determined by social and economic status. The better social and economic status you have the more likely you are going to get a good education, and it seems to be the opposite for people with poor social and economic status. I will analyze an article written by George Farkas a professor at Penn State University titled “How Educational Inequality develops”. I will also analyze an article written by Jaap Dronkers titled “Features of Educational Systems as Factors in the Creation of Unequal Educational Outcomes”.  The last article I will look at is “Inequality at the Starting Gate” by David T. Burkham. 

No comments:

Post a Comment